Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna - Department of Architecture and Department of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences
Since its origins in 1,088, UNIBO paves the way for innovation through an increasingly rich programme catalogue, cutting-edge research and a constant and increasingly broad international perspective. UNIBO offers a diversified teaching catalogue with over 200 degree programmes among its 32 departments and 11 schools offered to over 81,000 students, while 5,000 graduates are enrolled in PhDs and 3rd cycle programmes. As a comprehensive research university, Alma Mater invests in the multidisciplinary cross-cultural approach and in the inseparable connection between research and teaching.
UNIBO is also one of the most active universities working in European research and academic cooperation projects. With 274 projects funded in 2007-2013 and 87,8 M€ of funding, UNIBO ranks the second Italian university for the attractiveness of European funding for research, and 37st in the European ranking of institutions of higher education. In Horizon 2020, UNIBO is involved in 247 funded projects so far, with more than 100 M€ of funding.
In ENLIGHTENme, two UNIBO Departments are involved: the Department of Architecture and the Department of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences.
Department of Architecture - Planning & Regeneration
The Department of Architecture (DA) participates in ENLIGHTENme with the research group Planning&Regeneration, whose research interests focus on both global and local challenges, such as urban and rural sustainable planning and regeneration, cities integrity, environmental and social health and resilience through the improvement and the management of environmental resources, both at the building and at the neighborhood scale.
Department of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences - Neurogenetics
Within the Department of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences (DIBINEM), the Neurogenetics research group has a strong experience in mitochondrial medicine and medical genetics, and developed the entire mitochondrial genome sequencing by Next Generation Sequencing approach. The DIBINEM is tightly linked to the local healthcare provider AUSL Bologna, covering in particular the field of neurology, with specific focus on age-related neurodegenerative diseases.
Role of the institution within ENLIGHTENme
UNIBO is the project Coordinator and participates in the project providing its competences in H2020 project management, urban planning and clinical assessment.
- The Department of Architecture - Planning & Regeneration research group leads work packages 4,7 and 8 providing its expertise in the field of urban regeneration and sustainable urban planning, pilot case management and community engagement.
- The Department of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences is mainly involved in work package 3 and provides its expertise in the field of basic and clinical research.
Moreover, UNIBO contributes to all the WPs, leading the following tasks:
- Work package 1 - definition of the Urban Lighting and Health multiscale platform leading the research activities on urban fabric
- Work package 2 - defining the indoor and outdoor lighting innovations
- Work package 4 - leading the drawing of the Healthy Urban Lighting Good Practices Guidelines and Policy brief series.
UNIBO will also play a significant role in the population based lighting study in work package 3, in the definition of the ethical implications in work package 5 and in the dissemination and exploitation activities in work package 6.
- Via Zamboni, 33
- Facebook UNIBO
- Facebook UNIBO-DA